Register an account...

Need Help?

Lance Armstrong

Started by AstroMart, 04/07/2018 10:51PM

Poll Results:

0 Total Votes
Posted 08/30/2012 04:12AM #20
Kory Lahue said:

Lance is like Mark McGuire.....a liar. For years Mcguire denied using steroids, then just recently admitted to it. Im a cyclist, and admired Lance for a long time. But the truth has come out, but he wont admit it for the sake of his foundation. One side affect of Lance's actions is testicular cancer, which he developed. He has teammates who are are willing to testify against him, and the USADA wouldnt be going through all this if they didnt have concrete, DNA evidence. Sorry all you Lance fans.......he's proven another loser.....the only "hero" Armstrong is still Neil.

Kory:

Indeed... The fact that Lance and his team were caught up in the drugs is particularly disturbing because of Lance's aggressive posturing on the drug issues. He strongly chastised others who were caught. It's as if Barry Bonds was not only taking the drugs but was claiming to be drug free while chastising Sammy Sosa and Mark McGuire for taking them.

I suspect that this whole affair is more disturbing to cyclists than to the general sporting public. As a cyclist, one is not only watching the competition but comparing the performance of the athletes to one's own meager capabilities. When that performance turns out to be drug aided, it no longer has any meaning.

I wonder how everyone feels about the East German Doping Scandal... that was something that surfaced years later. Those athletes were systematically given drugs by team doctors:

"(Carola) Nitschke was also 13 when doctors started giving her the anabolic steroid Oral-Turinabol and injections of the male hormone testosterone. In 1998, she became the first doped athlete to return her medals and ask that her name be removed from the record books."

13 years old, did not know what she was being given... I have to say, returning her medals (A Gold at Montreal) showed a lot of class.

Jon
Posted 08/30/2012 08:30AM #21
I understand, but cheating is prevalent enough that I don't think it's quite tenable to assume that athletes are, by and large, cheating because they are fundamentally unscrupulous, bad people. I think, rather, that they are responding to and adapting to their environment the way successful, highly competitive humans have evolved to do. Rather than respond with moral indignation, we should simply focus on changing that environment as we move forward. What the USADA has done is part of trying to change that environment by monkeying to some extent with the calculus of risk and benefit for the athletes. I just think that stripping titles earned years ago is a treatment worse than the disease, and potentially even a lethal one to the sport.
Posted 09/01/2012 12:18AM #22
Posted 09/04/2012 11:40PM #23
Why this organization of zealots wants to pursue a retired athlete for unproven allegations of use of performance enhancing meds is beyond any reasonable rationale...It won't change my appreciation of his myriad accomplishments on the bike and off.
Posted 09/05/2012 01:14AM #24
Richard Davis said:
I think he finally figured, why keep fighting this group of Wimps, crybabies, and losers. Just let them have their win. They would hound him 'till the end of time anyway.

If he TRULY was innocent, why not fight for them? He wouldnt just give them up. If you won 7 Tours and an Olympic medal, would you just give them up if you were innocent? Heck no. Lance was caught and he knew it. He gave back the medals before they took them. Guilty. Plain and simple. I used to look up to him like alot of people do, but not anymore. And like I said in my previous post, if they didnt have concrete DNA evidence, they wouldnt be pushing it. No politics.....not everything is a conspiracy theory, just most things. grin
Posted 01/18/2013 04:19PM #25
Kory Lahue said:

Richard Davis said:
I think he finally figured, why keep fighting this group of Wimps, crybabies, and losers. Just let them have their win. They would hound him 'till the end of time anyway.

If he TRULY was innocent, why not fight for them? He wouldnt just give them up. If you won 7 Tours and an Olympic medal, would you just give them up if you were innocent? Heck no. Lance was caught and he knew it. He gave back the medals before they took them. Guilty. Plain and simple. I used to look up to him like alot of people do, but not anymore. And like I said in my previous post, if they didnt have concrete DNA evidence, they wouldnt be pushing it. No politics.....not everything is a conspiracy theory, just most things. grin

Well, now we know... By his own admission, Lance was involved in systematic doping from the beginning, this was one big lie that he told time and time again and he was a jerk...

I was a big fan of Lance but in the back of my mind, I had to suspect something was not right. When Hincappie came out publicly, I knew the jig was up. Lance's admissions combined with the pressure Trek Bicycles put on Greg Lemond and his wife to retract their statements now looks bad for Trek.

Jon

Jon