Image of the day

Captured by
Michael Scherman

Jupiter Saturn 2023

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

ASTROMART PENALIZES USERS WHO SELL ITEMS AND FORCES THEM INTO DEALER ACCOUNTS AND DELETES THEIR RATINGS

Started by NCC1701a, 06/28/2023 02:27AM
Posted 06/28/2023 02:27AM | Edited 06/28/2023 03:30AM Opening Post
I paid astromart to use their platform , I did it to well and was penalized and forced to purchase dealer level ads at $5 a piece if that's not bad enough Now all of the positive ratings I have received are GONE and back to ZERO !! Plus every listing I had sold or not is GONE !! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE and ASTROMART should be ASHAMED of how they treat their users !!!!
Posted 06/28/2023 02:35AM #1
The "PEER GROUP" decided that 30 ads in a day of new in the box items was over the "normal" user

Happy to refund your money and delete your account

Your choice

Herb
Posted 06/28/2023 02:45AM | Edited 06/28/2023 02:46AM #2
NOTHING I POSTED WAS NEW IN BOX !!!!! it was listed as LIKE NEW , and considering most of items I'm selling have long been discontinued your argument holds no weight , perhaps YOU should have done 3 seconds worth of investigations and actually looked at my ads before screwing me based on "PEER GROUP" MISCONCEPTIONS  I HAVE DONE NOTHING TO VIOLATE THE TERMS !!!!! But Nice way to treat me though , I really appreciate being accused and penalized over OTHERS opinions NOR WAS IT 30 ADS
Posted 06/28/2023 03:09AM | Edited 06/28/2023 03:29AM #3
I HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG ,LITERALLY NOTHING YOU SAID WAS TRUE !! YOUR ACTING LIKE I"M TRYING TO PULL A FAST ONE , YOU SHOULD APOLOGIZE FOR THE WAY YOU HAVE TREATED ME , REFUND MY $50 AND RETURN MY ACCOUNT TO WHERE IT WAS BEFORE.
Posted 06/28/2023 03:32AM #4
WHY DON'T YOU JUST ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG AND MADE A MISTAKE ???
Posted 06/28/2023 10:37AM | Edited 06/28/2023 10:38AM #5
Originally Posted by joe kazarda
NOTHING I POSTED WAS NEW IN BOX !!!!! it was listed as LIKE NEW , and considering most of items I'm selling have long been discontinued your argument holds no weight , perhaps YOU should have done 3 seconds worth of investigations and actually looked at my ads before screwing me based on "PEER GROUP" MISCONCEPTIONS  I HAVE DONE NOTHING TO VIOLATE THE TERMS !!!!! But Nice way to treat me though , I really appreciate being accused and penalized over OTHERS opinions NOR WAS IT 30 ADS

I dont imagine Herb will discuss it further..... but perhaps you missed this section of the TOS. I cant say if it was actually 30 ads in a day but if you review this from the TOS was it over 35 ads in a 6 month period? I am guessing it was.....and if it was then per the TOS you did violate the terms of service per the highlighted section (d) below and were reclassified as a dealer. 

16.4. Distinguishing A Dealer. You are a “Dealer” for purposes of sponsorship requirements if any one of the following descriptions applies to you:

(a) You sell astronomy equipment with the intent to make a profit; whether you actually make a profit or not.
(b) You include in your listing a URL to a web site that sells astronomy equipment with the intent to make a profit, regardless of whether you are the owner of the web site or whether the web site actually makes a profit.
(c) You have multiple active advertisements posted for the same item at one time.
(d) Your account has more than 35 advertisements posted during any 6-month period.
(e) Your account has 10 or more ads in a one-year period for the same product.

16.5. "Dealer" Determination. Astromart will make the final determination, in its sole discretion, as to whether you are a Dealer/Retailer or an ATM/OEM.

20" MidnighTelescopes f/5
8" f/16 Muffoletto Achro
Meade 6" AR6 f/8.0 Achro
Celestron C11
Parallax PI250 10" F/5 Newt
Vixen FL102S,NA140SS,R200SS
80mm Stellarvue Nighthawk with WO APOupgrade lens, 90mm f/16.67 Parallax Achro
LXD75/LX200, Mini-tower, GP-DX, CG5 ASGT, LXD650, GM-8, G11, GM-100, GM-150EX, GM-200 and a Gemini G40
4" portable AP convertable 44" or 70" pier
Stellarvue M7 Alt-Az, TSL7 Pier/Tripod
12.5" f/5 MidnighTelescopes DOB Swayze optics
Monroe GA
Posted 06/28/2023 07:38PM #6
It was only around 25 total ads since I signed up in February , but I can’t even verify it because it’s all gone , which is my biggest problem with this whole thing , they want me to pay per the AD , FINE , but why were ALL of my ads deleted (even the sold items) the absolute worst part is why were ALL of my positive ratings deleted ?? It seems vindictive , extreme and unnecessary   
Posted 06/28/2023 08:56PM #7
Originally Posted by joe kazarda
It was only around 25 total ads since I signed up in February , but I can’t even verify it because it’s all gone , which is my biggest problem with this whole thing , they want me to pay per the AD , FINE , but why were ALL of my ads deleted (even the sold items) the absolute worst part is why were ALL of my positive ratings deleted ?? It seems vindictive , extreme and unnecessary   

Has been the policy as long as I can remember that those categorized as dealers do not have the feedback option, dealers cant give or recieve feedback so that would explain why those are no longer there. I have no idea regarding the prior ads. 

20" MidnighTelescopes f/5
8" f/16 Muffoletto Achro
Meade 6" AR6 f/8.0 Achro
Celestron C11
Parallax PI250 10" F/5 Newt
Vixen FL102S,NA140SS,R200SS
80mm Stellarvue Nighthawk with WO APOupgrade lens, 90mm f/16.67 Parallax Achro
LXD75/LX200, Mini-tower, GP-DX, CG5 ASGT, LXD650, GM-8, G11, GM-100, GM-150EX, GM-200 and a Gemini G40
4" portable AP convertable 44" or 70" pier
Stellarvue M7 Alt-Az, TSL7 Pier/Tripod
12.5" f/5 MidnighTelescopes DOB Swayze optics
Monroe GA
Posted 06/28/2023 09:22PM #8
Originally Posted by Greg Shaffer


Has been the policy as long as I can remember that those categorized as dealers do not have the feedback option, dealers cant give or recieve feedback so that would explain why those are no longer there. I have no idea regarding the prior ads. 
 That’s not true , go look at the blue level  sponsors , they ALL have feedback , EXCEPT ME of course 
Posted 06/29/2023 12:37AM #9
Originally Posted by joe kazarda

 That’s not true , go look at the blue level  sponsors , they ALL have feedback , EXCEPT ME of course 
So why don't you simply start selling again and not list so many items within the specified time period?   You can always rebuild your ratings.