Alexander DiNota

NGC6960 Veil Nebula

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: James Brown

June 21, 2024 02:33 PM Forum: Politics

And another video of Biden just unaware as usual, of where he is at. Barack Obama has to grab him by the hand, then guide him off the stage.

Posted By James Brown

Originally Posted by Richard Davis

I know James, I know.  LOL!  

Pretty much every person who is on the right has watched for years, and has pointed out the fact that the left (for at least the last 2 decades, if not longer) has had an entitlement mentality whereby your side of the political aisle has lived under this weird assumption or supposition that you are free to dish out any pejoratives on the planet to describe those on the right, with complete impunity.

And of course when those of you get it back in your face, in spades, you become SO offended.  How DARE HE!   WE are the only ones permitted to hurl insults!   tongue

Now, the sad thing in all this is that you and those like you James walk away when you hurl insults really believing you are justified in saying anything you like because well..... You're just entitled to do it because you're a liberal/leftist, and that's all the justification you and the rest need.  LOL

Don't worry, James Brown, the resident RINO here has your same mentality.  When he hurls insults its OK, because he's only hurling the insults towards the resident right winger.

Well the simple logical response to his excuse is to point out that I'm the only right winger who exists on this forum, so then whom else is he going to hurl insults at?  He surely wouldn't ever hurl an insult towards any of you, so since he only hurls his insults towards me, well we all need to understand that it is of course different when he does it.  His insults are Justified, don't you know?   wink

Now don't worry, I don't expect anything I've stated in this response to sink into your brain.  You and the rest have already made up your minds, that your insults are as I've stated so many times... DIFFERENT.     ROFL!  

Yes, yes James, it is different when YOU do it.  It is different when James Brown does it.  It is different when Jim M does it.  It is different when Brian M. does it.    smile

And one last thing, calling you a pussy or saying that you need vagisil isn't in any way, shape, or form Misogynistic. 

If you think it is, then you really are more brainwashed by the left than I even gave you credit for being.  smile
It is cramped, dank, and very musty in here, but the free rent is nice.  Jim

June 21, 2024 05:29 PM Forum: Politics

And another video of Biden just unaware as usual, of where he is at. Barack Obama has to grab him by the hand, then guide him off the stage.

Posted By James Brown

And I understand that you cannot justify Your liberal hypocrisy, but that's ok.  

It was a good time to point it out.    smile
Liberal hypocrisy?  Seriously?  Thinking very little of you is not hypocrisy.   I rarely call you names, if that is your hypocrisy angle.  Being friends with liberals is not hypocrisy either.  Trying to understand all opinions, and keeping an open mind to good ideas that originate on the left is not hypocrisy at all, it is in fact intellectual maturity.

If you think I advocate for many liberal policies you are incapable of processing my posts.  (I would support a bump stock ban).  Recently I have posted serious analysis of the legal problems I see with the Bragg prosecution, and of course I regularly post full-throated defenses of the Supreme Court.   

It is not surprising that you are incapable of understanding my posts of course.  The merits of robust political discussion seem unimportant to you.  You exist entirely in a me-against-them world, probably because of some deep seated insecurities and self-loathing.  Frankly, you do not seem to be particularly well versed in conservative policies.  You come across as just a run-of-the-mill MAGA populist who loves Trump because he too is a narcissistic bully and he too exists primarily to insult and mock others.   

If you have any examples of me engaging in actual liberal hypocrisy, I'd love to hear.

June 21, 2024 05:37 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By James Brown

Originally Posted by James Lacey

The free rent inside Rich's head, I presume?
He did name-check me at least four times in a thread I had been avoiding.  So yes, clearly I'm in there with Joe, Kamala, Barack and many other bogey men.

June 21, 2024 08:04 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By James Brown

Do you want to discuss the double standard that exists on the left?  Do you want to deny it, like the rest of the leftists here?  

Yeah, I thought not.  Lightweight RINO.  smile
I have no idea what double standard you are talking about.

If it is local, there is no double standard - you are far and away the primary name caller and mocker on this board.  If others call you names it is in retaliation and exasperation.  So I would say, as a twenty year reader of this forum, that you are responsible for 99% of all juvenile name calling that occurs here, no matter who actually posts the juvenile name calling.

If you have morphed over to the double standard in the press treatment of candidates, I would agree.   The NYT, Washington Post, CNN and so on generally give Biden a pass and always attack Trump.   Fox News, WND, The New York Post and so on give Trump a pass and attack Biden.   Ho Hum.   Yes this is hypocrisy, but it is known and should be recognized by anyone who consumes political news.  Peggy Noonan has a good editorial today (linked on Real Clear) about the failure of modern journalism, and she makes her point without needing to call out the left or the right, since both are culpable.

So now, I am waiting for an example of my own alleged liberal hypocrisy and/or something specific about this double standard.  Maybe you can start by pointing out (by number maybe?) the post where you lay out such an airtight case for a leftist double standard.

June 25, 2024 03:18 PM Forum: Politics

The branch of federal government that works really well.

Posted By James Brown

The Judiciary of course.  I am posting this because Rod often reflexively accuses conservative (and certainly Trump appointed) judges of being political hacks.   This is entirely without basis in my opinion.  The judiciary is staffed with hard working talented judges top to bottom.  Yes, some judges have conservative judicial philosophies, and some have liberal judicial philosophies, but these philosophies are not right or wrong, they are merely different ways of navigating a complex field, the law.

Anyway, back to Rod - I was reading about the most recent defeat of Biden's attempt to buy young people's votes, oops, I mean the defeat of his second proposed student loan forgiveness plan.  This paragraph made me think of Rod and smile:  

"Together, the two rulings, each by a judge appointed by former President Barack Obama, a Democrat, appeared to greatly limit the scope of the Biden administration’s efforts to help borrowers after the U.S. Supreme Court last year rejected the Democratic president’s first attempt at a forgiveness plan. Both judges said Education Secretary Miguel Cardona exceeded the authority granted by Congress in laws dealing with students loans."

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/missouri-kansas-judges-temporarily-halt-president-bidens-student-111391349

June 25, 2024 04:28 PM Forum: Politics

CNN Anchor Gets Right Into Trump's Team's Face & Puts 'em In Their Place!

Posted By James Brown

Originally Posted by Brian McFarland

I predict Trump will find some excuse to back out. Even if he doesn't, it won't be worth watching (presidential debates almost never are).
Hi Brian:  I agree in general, but this one is so weird.  I could easily see either participant winning or losing big time.  Biden could appear incoherent or just too old.  Trump could speak in stump speech gibberish and appear petty.   

Most of Trump's flaws are baked in of course, so I think the downside for Biden is greater.  On the other hand, if Biden comes across as a competent knowledgeable, reasonable, statesman - I think this could change the trajectory of the race entirely.  If Trump came across as a competent, knowledgeable, reasonable, statesman...  Well, the ERs would overflow with cardiac arrests - it just ain't gonna happen!

The CNN angle is interesting.  Of course CNN is biased, but if they succumb to overt "Candy Crowley" type partisanship, it will backfire and once again Trump will become more likely to win the election.

Jim

June 25, 2024 04:51 PM Forum: Politics

The branch of federal government that works really well.

Posted By James Brown

Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman

Ultimately, of course, it depends upon what SCOTUS does and says about anything so you can save your righteous indignation. 
Not to mention the fact wherein conservative jurist hacks are routinely sought out by conservative interests in Texas in order to do their bidding. (I can cite numerous egregious examples to back up the latter).

A prime example among many equally egregious actions of SCOTUS:

Chief Justice ROBERTS on their Clarence Thomas penned idea of the 2nd amendment debacle in the lower courts who are being forced to apply whatever so-called standards for for gun related issues be decided upon those in existence in the 1700s. Sotomayor pointed out the confusion the other courts are having applying historical references to present day gun laws and the ROBERTS explanation is that those courts don't understand the conservative SCOTUS court's methodology in the application of gun laws and/or just about anything related to the 2nd amendment. ROBERTS stated those lower courts don't have to find a twin in history to apply their gun rulings to but, rather, they have to find an analogue! Talk about a distinction without a difference! And it couldn't be SCOTUS and their methodology that's at fault now could it?

Of course their methodology is never wrong except when they revisit the methodology behind Roe v Wade and THEN  the cons on the court have no problem overturning the methodology of a SCOTUS decision, now do they? And this nonsense about the states deciding is just that since Josh Hawley's wife can go running down to Texas to easily find a conservative jurist hack to decide an abortion issue and apply it to birth control pills or whatever they want to...
The tone I was shooting for was more along the line of collegial humor.  sad

June 26, 2024 07:01 PM Forum: Politics

Dems Threw Out Their Extremist/Repubs Elected Theirs

Posted By James Brown

Jamal Bowman, known for his denials of the Oct 7th atrocities committed by Palestinian terrorists, was trounced in the Democratic primary by a moderate Democrat while COLORADO Republicans elected Boebert the bimbo who ran on a platform exclaiming the 2020 election was stolen. 

Comments?...
Comments?  Yes, one can make himself look poorly informed by quoting only the national headlines.

Boebert won in her new ultra-MAGA eastern slope district, but the rest of the MAGA crowd lost in Colorado.  Boebert only got 43% of the vote, as the majority was split among four other candidates.  The biggest loser is the Trump - backed and MAGA - endorsed chair of the state GOP who lost handily in Richard's own House District 5, covering El Paso county (Colorado Springs) and more.  https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4739970-donald-trump-colorado-dave-williams-jeff-crank/

This vile MAGA Republican, whom the conservative citizens of the Springs showed the door, is named Dave Williams, and he recently sent out a hateful anti-gay mailing featuring Jesus and a depiction of gays as groomers and predators.   Responsible Colorado Republicans have demanded that he be stripped of his GOP chairmanship.   I believe that of the 4 MAGA candidates running in Colorado, only one, Boebert, won.  Too bad it was not a clean sweep, but it is a fine start.   So at least in Colorado, the voters showed 75% of the extremists the door.   

I don't think the antisemitic  squad took any hits, except for Bowman.  Shame on the Democrats.  Jim

More info:  https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-endorsed-primary-candidates-lose-1235046803/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/saradorn/2024/06/26/rough-night-for-trump-endorsed-candidates-3-trump-backed-gop-picks-lost-primaries/

June 26, 2024 07:17 PM Forum: Politics

Dems Threw Out Their Extremist/Repubs Elected Theirs

Posted By James Brown

Originally Posted by James Brown

Comments?  Yes, one can make himself look poorly informed by quoting only the national headlines.

I believe that of the 4 MAGA candidates running in Colorado, only one, Boebert, won.  Too bad it was not a clean sweep, but it is a fine start.   So at least in Colorado, the voters showed 75% of the extremists the door.   
Actually it is even better than I thought.   18 MAGA extremists ran in Colorado and 14 lost.  78% lost.   I bet you can not find a State in the union where lefty cranks like the antisemitic squad lost at anywhere near this clip.  So, I'm thinking that the title of this thread ought to be:

Repubs Threw Out Their Extremist/Dems Elected Theirs 

A very good summary of a good night for reasonable people in Colorado:  
https://www.denverpost.com/2024/06/26/colorado-primary-results-lauren-boebert-dave-williams-extremists/

June 27, 2024 11:20 PM Forum: Politics

First Presidential Debate

Posted By James Brown

" You falsely claim that the election was stolen with no evidence"

Is there something wrong in stating factually correct information?
Ouch!  Nice post.