Alexander DiNota

NGC6960 Veil Nebula

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Apollo Lasky

May 27, 2023 09:59 AM Forum: Solar System Observing

The first infrared 854.2nm calcium solar flares ever recorded by an amateur astronomer

Posted By Apollo Lasky

I developed an entirely new filter system which has never been accessed by amateur astronomer's, and now I am seeking funds to expand this wavelength capability to more fellow amateurs in the field.

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/877476-the-first-infrared-calcium-flare-8542nm/

August 6, 2023 01:04 AM Forum: Solar System Observing

Sunspot ar3393 rapidly drifting thousands of miles - very rare timelapse

Posted By Apollo Lasky

This is incredibly rare, in all my 30 years of solar observation i have never witnessed such exaggerated momentum within a sunspot group receding away from its parent group.

I tried to pull the high resolution video from SDO but the image feed has been stopped on 8/1 while this started to occur on 8/5

August 26, 2023 06:43 AM Forum: Solar System Observing

Solar whitelight flare or ellerman bomb? Rapid brightening of a single convection cell granule.

Posted By Apollo Lasky

Check this out- Follow the arrow for the kaboom.

I do not recall seeing any of these in white light, so this is new to me and maybe new to you too!

Recorded using an nd500 camera filter, blue interference filter, 2x barlow and a sony imx183 sensor with a 115mm x 1200mm telescope.

May 11, 2024 05:55 AM Forum: After Dark

Aurora Borealis over Naperville Illinois - May 10th 2024

Posted By Apollo Lasky

The geomagnetic activity began around 9:10pm central time and I was incredibly lucky to witness this with my youngest daughter - her excitement to see a pink sky brought some feeling of life back into me. - The last solar storm we had like this was almost exactly 20 years ago to the day. 

high resolution video at the flickr link recorded with a gopro hero9  

https://flickr.com/photos/163396781@N07/53713118109/in/dateposted-public/

Enjoy!