My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Michael Caskey

March 15, 2022 06:51 AM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Grand Tetons Wildlife

Posted By Michael Caskey

Bull Moose won the stare down with me. Once he started movements to get up, I beat a hasty retreat.

March 15, 2022 07:02 AM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Grand Tetons Wildlife

Posted By Michael Caskey

The famous Grizzly cow 399 with one of her cubs in 2019. She'd had two cubs but one was killed when struck by a car. The surviving cub and 399 were separated for over a week with Park Rangers keeping tabs on both and trying to keep the cub safe from natural predators. They were eventually successful in reuniting the two grizzlies. I shot this with a 150-600mm lens and Nikon D810 from a distance of about 50 - 75 yards. I was one of 100 or more photographers who witnessed these two magnificent animals lay around on a hill next to the road and separated only by a raised bridge (which many of us were standing on) over a creek. After fifteen minutes or so, mama woke her cub and they rambled down the hill, towards the creek and parallel to all the photographers. Most ran for the safety (?) of vehicles. I was set on the bridge with the creek running just to my right. The two bears walked right by me but I KNOW SHE LOOKED AT ME! LOL! At one point she was so close I couldn't get her entire body in my lens frame. Well, I thought, all I need to do is to run faster than at least one person! As far as wildlife sightings and photography, the half hour or so I spent shooting the grizzlies was one of the highlights of my life.

March 15, 2022 07:09 AM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Grand Tetons Wildlife

Posted By Michael Caskey

The Grand Tetons make a perfect backdrop for an American Bison.

March 15, 2022 07:29 AM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Red Tailed Hawk

Posted By Michael Caskey

Shot this series of a Red Tailed Hawk near Millerton Lake, California.

March 15, 2022 07:31 AM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Red Tailed Hawk

Posted By Michael Caskey

When I arrived he was already sitting on the branch with his back to me. I didn't take any photos then but he soon repositioned himself so he could see me. He didn't fly rather he just turned around. It was great to see.

March 15, 2022 07:32 AM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Red Tailed Hawk

Posted By Michael Caskey

He soon got his balance.

March 15, 2022 07:33 AM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Red Tailed Hawk

Posted By Michael Caskey

He went back to work looking for his next meal.

March 15, 2022 07:47 AM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Ospreys!

Posted By Michael Caskey

This Osprey was across the San Joaquin River from me near Friant, CA. He was enjoying a nice fish for dinner.

March 15, 2022 07:59 AM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Timber Wolves

Posted By Michael Caskey

After taking this photo he disappeared into the woods. Shot along Echo Trail, Boundary Waters Canoe Area, Minnesota in 2019.