My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Gerry Stowe

September 26, 2020 02:22 AM Forum: Stolen Equipment - Please Help

Stolen C-8 Ultima 2000?

Posted By Gerry Stowe

I purchased a C-8 Ultima 2000 in the Los Angeles area.  May be stolen. If you know anyone who has had one taken please contact me.  Thanks, Gerry

December 16, 2020 12:49 PM Forum: Stolen Equipment - Please Help

Stolen UC Obsession?

Posted By Gerry Stowe

Update:  Found original owner for this UC...it was a 22" Obsession!  Original owner is in possession now, great ending to this story.

May 17, 2023 02:31 PM Forum: Mounts

US digital encoders...S2 or S1?

Posted By Gerry Stowe

TOPIC STARTER
Posted Yesterday, 03:56 AM

Hi all.

I am in need of a new digital encoder for my 18" dob.  Last outing the Azi started acting up.  It came physically damaged when I got the scope used.  I reglued the housing to get it up and running, it lasted two years.  Now I need a new/used encoder.

My question is....do I have to stay with the S2 US Digital encoder or can I use the S1 model?

What's the difference?

Any other encoders out there that can replace my 8192 tic S2 broken encoder?  I am aware that I can use any tic count as I have the Nexus unit....4000, 8192, 10,000 etc.

Thanks for any info ...

Gerry

May 27, 2023 01:16 PM Forum: Meade

Declination slop in LX 90?

Posted By Gerry Stowe

Hi....

I recently picked up an older LX90 and noticed when I change Altitude (Declination) direction with hand Ctrl.  there's a lag in movement.

For example if I set the speed to #4, it takes 5-6 seconds before I see any movement at the eyepiece.  I looked at the worm gear when changing directions with a faster speed.  I can see the worm gear move away from the spur gear when changing the direction, then moves back into the spur gear to make good contact.  After the initial change all movements in the new direction are OK.  If I again change the direction the other way it happens all over again.

Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks for any replies,  Gerry