Captured by
MATTHEW ZHAO

2024-04-08 Solar Eclipse Ha filter

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Fred Lusk

December 6, 2020 10:00 AM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

Small Stuff from October and November

Posted By Fred Lusk

This is one of my favorite images from the entire trip.  And, when the one professional photographer in the group says "that's a hanger," I figured I did OK.

December 6, 2020 10:03 AM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

Posted By Fred Lusk

My wife and I took a side trip to Mono County Park at the northwest "corner" of Mono Lake.  I wandered down to the viewing platform near the lake.  The platform is surrounded by reeds, which I photographed with the intent to create semi-abstracts.  I used a telephoto focused near the minimum to get these examples.  This one has a small wasp in the head of the reed.

December 6, 2020 10:03 AM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

Posted By Fred Lusk

"Reeding is fundamental." smile

December 6, 2020 10:04 AM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

December 6, 2020 10:05 AM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

Posted By Fred Lusk

The last reed, but not the last straw.smile

December 6, 2020 10:45 AM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

Posted By Fred Lusk

And now a few backlit leaves from around Shaver Lake over Thanksgiving weekend.

December 6, 2020 10:47 AM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

Posted By Fred Lusk

My oldest granddaughter and I took a stroll before Thanksgiving dinner to hunt down the last remnants of fall color at 5,000+ feet.  The pickings were slim, but we found enough.

December 6, 2020 10:49 AM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

Posted By Fred Lusk

A little bit of color left.

December 6, 2020 10:53 AM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

Posted By Fred Lusk

Hanging out at the end of a branch.

December 6, 2020 10:54 AM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

Posted By Fred Lusk

Compare and contrast.