ASTROMART PENALIZES USERS WHO SELL ITEMS AND FORCES THEM INTO DEALER ACCOUNTS AND DELETES THEIR RATINGS

Started by NCC1701a, 06/28/2023 02:27AM
Posted 06/29/2023 02:29AM #10
Originally Posted by joe kazarda

 That’s not true , go look at the blue level  sponsors , they ALL have feedback , EXCEPT ME of course 

It is true about "dealers"..... I assumed you were reclassified as a dealer. I see now you are in the blue list instead of the dealer list. Given that I am not sure why your feedback was removed, perhaps a mistake. Regardless given how many ads you seem to post it wont take long to build it back up.

20" MidnighTelescopes f/5
8" f/16 Muffoletto Achro
Meade 6" AR6 f/8.0 Achro
Celestron C11
Parallax PI250 10" F/5 Newt
Vixen FL102S,NA140SS,R200SS
80mm Stellarvue Nighthawk with WO APOupgrade lens, 90mm f/16.67 Parallax Achro
LXD75/LX200, Mini-tower, GP-DX, CG5 ASGT, LXD650, GM-8, G11, GM-100, GM-150EX, GM-200 and a Gemini G40
4" portable AP convertable 44" or 70" pier
Stellarvue M7 Alt-Az, TSL7 Pier/Tripod
12.5" f/5 MidnighTelescopes DOB Swayze optics
Monroe GA
Posted 06/29/2023 03:21AM #11
Originally Posted by Richard Davis

So why don't you simply start selling again and not list so many items within the specified time period?   You can always rebuild your ratings.  
I don’t have that option , Now I have to pay $5 per Ad 
Posted 06/29/2023 03:33AM #12
Originally Posted by Greg Shaffer


It is true about "dealers"..... I assumed you were reclassified as a dealer. I see now you are in the blue list instead of the dealer list. Given that I am not sure why your feedback was removed, perhaps a mistake. Regardless given how many ads you seem to post it wont take long to build it back up.
This entire thing was handled poorly. I only have a few more items left that I’m culling out of my collection ,  I was specifically trying to build a good reputation before I posted  my AP 1200 GTO and my Astro systems 16” dob with Zambutu mirror and every option possible , since they are both big money items.. I treated every astromarter fairly and respectfully , I shipped my items fast and met others in person .. and I get this treatment for my efforts .. it’s very disappointed , especially when herb simply won’t listen to reason.  I’ve honestly never seen anything like it    maybe a WARNING would have been nice if they felt I was posting to many items BEFORE blowing out my whole account history ???? 
Posted 06/29/2023 10:38PM #13
Originally Posted by joe kazarda

I don’t have that option , Now I have to pay $5 per Ad 
I was once considered a dealer here, as I was manufacturing things in my shop.  I didn't have a problem with the costs. It is just the price of doing business.  Every website has it rules and regulations.  I'm no longer selling things that I manufacture so I have the yearly fee.  There is another website that cuts a person off at I believe 5 ads in a week, but I could be mistaken.  They do have limits though. I've always found Herb to be a reasonable person.  Perhaps if you didn't approach the problem using all caps in your first several replies, implying that you are screaming at him, you would receive a better response.  And I say that as a person who has been removed from this website more than once. 

The fact is that it is His website, not mine, yours, or anyone else's on the planet.  He pays to keep it up and running and I don't. You don't either.  Costs are inherent in every facet of life.  I am saddled with a yearly fee, as is everyone else.  We pay to be here.  I would just simply suggest that you talk to him in a reasonable, calm manner. It may help in your situation.  Screaming at him surely isn't going to do it.  Just a thought.  smile
Posted 06/30/2023 01:03AM #14
Originally Posted by Richard Davis

I was once considered a dealer here, as I was manufacturing things in my shop.  I didn't have a problem with the costs. It is just the price of doing business.  Every website has it rules and regulations.  I'm no longer selling things that I manufacture so I have the yearly fee.  There is another website that cuts a person off at I believe 5 ads in a week, but I could be mistaken.  They do have limits though. I've always found Herb to be a reasonable person.  Perhaps if you didn't approach the problem using all caps in your first several replies, implying that you are screaming at him, you would receive a better response.  And I say that as a person who has been removed from this website more than once. 

The fact is that it is His website, not mine, yours, or anyone else's on the planet.  He pays to keep it up and running and I don't. You don't either.  Costs are inherent in every facet of life.  I am saddled with a yearly fee, as is everyone else.  We pay to be here.  I would just simply suggest that you talk to him in a reasonable, calm manner. It may help in your situation.  Screaming at him surely isn't going to do it.  Just a thought.  smile
 As I said before , what the “peer group “ accused me of was patently false ,  I didn’t post 30 items in a day ( it was around 10 on Monday because I was off from work and had some time to post a few things that have just been collecting dust for years ) nor did I list any of them as “new in box”. I tend to get a little heated when I’m accused of doing something that I had not and even more so when I’m penalized so severely for it, especially when I’ve been a model astromarter up to that point , maybe a simple message asking me not to post anymore items for a while or asking that upgrade my support level , or even purchasing further ads would have been a MUCH better way to go about it instead of locking me out of my everything , deleting all of my posts including those that were already marked as sold along with  all of my 5 star ratings..  I’m not unreasonable but the action that was taken against me surely was.. 
Posted 06/30/2023 09:04PM | Edited 06/30/2023 09:07PM #15
Originally Posted by joe kazarda

 As I said before , what the “peer group “ accused me of was patently false ,  I didn’t post 30 items in a day ( it was around 10 on Monday because I was off from work and had some time to post a few things that have just been collecting dust for years ) nor did I list any of them as “new in box”. I tend to get a little heated when I’m accused of doing something that I had not and even more so when I’m penalized so severely for it, especially when I’ve been a model astromarter up to that point , maybe a simple message asking me not to post anymore items for a while or asking that upgrade my support level , or even purchasing further ads would have been a MUCH better way to go about it instead of locking me out of my everything , deleting all of my posts including those that were already marked as sold along with  all of my 5 star ratings..  I’m not unreasonable but the action that was taken against me surely was.. 
Hmm...  I looked back through this thread.  You claim now that you are being very reasonable.  Really?  You actually think that is a fact, that you're the reasonable one?

Here is part of what I read. You, a guy out in space somewhere start making DEMANDS of the guy who OWNS this site to REFUND YOUR $50, and not only that, you appear to be so entitled that you tell him that he ALSO needs to RESTORE your account to where it was after he refunded your money to you.  

Now I don't know the situation here because that was between you and him, however by doing what you did, making it public, posting an angry thread specifically to call him out, tells me that you're inviting other opinions on it, so here is mine.

I'll preface what I'm about to say by pointing out that I don't know Herb personally, nor do I have a dog in this fight.  I'll reiterate that I'm the guy here who has been kicked off of this website 2x and Herb didn't REFUND my money, and I didn't expect him to do that.  

Perhaps you should exhibit an ounce of humility here and think about your situation and then reflect on your actions as well.  

You indicated that you were the model Astromarter here prior to this dust up.

OK, so then where is your gratitude towards Herb, that he's allowed you to join this site for apparently quite some time and permitted you to sell your stuff on here at no cost, before you engaged in this colloquy with him?  

I guess I missed that posting of yours.  

Maybe you should think about that rather than posting an ugly, public, screaming, pissed off rant at him, and then expecting any consideration in return. 

Here's another thought.  Sometimes life isn't fair, and the world doesn't always revolve around You.  

Suck it up, deal with it, then send him a PM and try to work things out.  

You don't enjoy Carte Blanche to scream at a guy who owns this site and then expect special treatment or even decent treatment.  There are literally thousands of other members here and if everyone was like you, with an entitlement mentality, and he had to deal with each of us personally, he wouldn't have 10 minutes of his day to do anything productive.

And that's my take on the situation.  smile

Oh and BTW, I took the liberty of reading your response #3 here.  It consisted of you telling him this:   "YOU SHOULD APOLOGIZE FOR THE WAY YOU HAVE TREATED ME , REFUND MY $50 AND RETURN MY ACCOUNT TO WHERE IT WAS BEFORE"

So let me understand, the owner of this worldwide site should "APOLOGIZE" to you?  
Posted 07/04/2023 07:02PM #16
"Perhaps you should exhibit an ounce of humility here and think about your situation and then reflect on your actions as well."

This is rich coming from you. Pun intended.   
Posted 07/05/2023 12:18AM #17
Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck
"Perhaps you should exhibit an ounce of humility here and think about your situation and then reflect on your actions as well."

This is rich coming from you. Pun intended.   
Lol! Great post, Jim.
That said, if ya all think there's a problem here, check out the youtube video from the customer from ----sad your choice of filling in the blank):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZhQa-Or91s
It's no wonder we're losing astro stores...
Posted 07/05/2023 12:32AM | Edited 07/05/2023 12:35AM #18
Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck
"Perhaps you should exhibit an ounce of humility here and think about your situation and then reflect on your actions as well."

This is rich coming from you. Pun intended.   
 
It is Herb's website and he's kicked me off twice and in both cases, I never questioned his right to do so, which indicates that I possess the principles to abide by those limitations that Herb places on my membership here.

So then your point is what exactly?  Are you suggesting that I'm acting in Hypocritical fashion?  

I'll submit that I am not at all.  I've accepted in the past Herb's right and his choice to kick me off here.  He's done so.  

I've never whined about being kicked off.  I simply contacted him and asked him why he did so, and also what I needed to do to have my account reinstated.  I pondered Herb's requirements and I said to myself "Ok, those are reasonable requirements", and subsequently I decided to submit to Herb's requirements, and he permitted me to get back on here.

Therefore there is neither irony nor hypocrisy in my suggestion to him above to look at his own actions in this situation.

Having said that, permit me to educate you on the point that I'm making above so that you don't continue to be confused Jim.

It is this.  A-Mart is Herb's website.  He created it and he made the rules.  Like all things in life, each of us has choices and we exercise those choices.  

The OP has nearly demanded of Herb that he not only refund his money, which incidentally Herb offered flat out.  I guess you missed that fact eh?

Now then, not only did the OP'er tell Herb that he should give his money back, but he expects Herb to apologize and reinstate his account.  

IMO, those demands are not only Unreasonable, as the OP'er has made them, but they are borderline outrageous.  

For him to make those demands of Herb, strikes me as entitled.  
 
He is free to make those demands and see what happens, but this is Herb's website, he owns it, he created it, and it is his property.  

Therefore Herb's words are always going to be the last words, and that is how it should be.  If the OP'er doesn't like the rules he is free to leave and go somewhere else and sell his goods.  

I'm guessing that he has profited off of being able to sell things here or he wouldn't be here still.

Now then, not only did he place his demands on Herb, but the OP also started an angry public, calling out of Herb for a public war of words, and at that point, he is inviting other opinions.  I provided my opinion of my perception of the wants and demands of the OP'er. 

It was apparent to me that he was inviting counter opinions.

Now then Jim, you've in essence called me out for my sentence above:   "Perhaps you should exhibit an ounce of humility here and think about your situation and then reflect on your actions as well."

Ok, let's delve into that.  When I express my remarks to you and others in the political forum, I base those remarks on our banter back and forth.  The majority of the time when I make snide remarks or namecalling, it is in direct response to one of your previous snide comments to me or your flat out namecalling of me.  

However there are some instances where I initiate said namecalling or attacks on you.  

If and when I decide that I was or am out of line, I will respond the way I see fit.  

This portion of course has nothing to do with the Original posting of the person who started this thread, so if you want to take it somewhere else into another forum I suggest you do so.  

Happy Independence Day.  smile