The New CCD Astronomy book
Learn how to capture the stars with a CCD camera in your own backyard.
Book web site: http://www.newastro.com
Order a copy: http://www.newastro.com/newastro/order.asp
Learn more about the book:
The New CCD Astronomy has everything you need to become proficient at CCD astrophotography. Hundreds of detailed illustrations show you how, step by step.
* How a CCD camera works
* How to achieve critical focus
* How to choose the right mount, telescope, and CCD camera
* How to autoguide
You'll also learn:
* The secrets of color imaging
* The art of noise reduction
* Image processing techniques
* Advanced processing for planets, nebulae, galaxies, and more
Free with purchase: a one-year subscription to the New Astronomy web site, including:
* A complete online version of the book
* Additional fully-illustrated tutorials
* Discussion groups moderated by the author
* Advice from the author on your images
* Searchable database of CCD imaging targets
* Software to match camera and scope (CCDCalc)
The New CCD Astronomy is at the printers, and will begin shipping early in December. If you order now, you'll get your copy in time for Christmas. All orders placed prior to 12/3 receive a signed copy of the first edition. Price is $49.95, and includes a one-year subscription to the extra features on the web listed above, including Adobe Acrobat files of the complete text.