This is the black-tubed, white-base version of the Star Hopper. It has had some modifications by a previous owner who cared for it very well.
1. The origianl secondary "stalk" has been replaced with a 3 vane spider.
2. A light baffle was added to the front opposite the focuser (the baffle is remove-able).
3. A metal plate was put on the tube to attach the focuser more firmly.
4. Edges of the primary have been blackened, and it has been center-spotted.
5. There has been some texturing to parts of the inside of the tube.
The mods are all very practical and functional. They are not professional machine-shop work, and have a bit of a home-made feel, but they work great, and the 'scope is very nice to use.
There are few signs of wear on the tube and base... a few minor scuffs, and some marks from adjusting the side bearings (they are the discovery-type adjustible bearings).
I will snap some pics today and mail them to anyone interested.
I think shipping this 'scope would be $80-$100 easily, not to mention a difficult packing job, so I would much rather drive to meet. I live in central Ohio and would drive 2 hours... maybe more if you buy me some gas.
Thanks for looking.