This is the third running of this ad and I'm not sure why it hasn't sold. If the price is too high, make an offer, and I am willing to discuss trades of ANY SORT. It's been pushed out of the observatory by a cluster of 3 refractors doing solar observations and now just sits. If it does not sell this time around, it will be taken apart and sold in pieces.
A 10" f 5.6 Zambuto mirror like this one with slightly more favorable specs sold on Astromart for $950 a few weeks ago. If someone of you has more time than money, you should consider buying this system and parting out those things you will not need. I would even be willing to keep whatever parts you won't be needing here in Flagstaff and shipping form here to a third party (at your expense) if that would help. I don't think you can build a better performing 10" than this one.
While not a new scope and may need some clean-up, this scope functions beautifully and is in excellent condition.
• Fiberglass tube with cork interior(dew control), light end rings, vinyl caps
• Zambuto primary, 1/50th wave RMS, Strehl Ratio of .984
• Novak primary mirror cell
• E&W 1.75” secondary
• Astrosystems spider and secondary holder
• JMI 2” Crayford focuser
• Telrad finder and illuminated 9x60 Orion
• Fan on mirror
• Dual mirror Thermometer
• 1.5" shafts
• Mathis 11” RA drive
• Tangent arm Declination drive
• Illuminated 6” setting circles
• Rotating rings as seen in the picture – not as sophisticated as Parks, but not as expensive either
• AP AC/DC drive corrector, hand paddle
• Entire scope fits on a big wheel jack built specifically to move this scope around easily.
Price: $1800 buys it outright, including the big wheel jack, or make an offer. Trade discussions welcome.
Shipping: This would be a very difficult and expensive thing to ship, so it would be nice to work out a pickup/delivery arrangement where we meet part way or something.