Another Zambuto 10" mirror just sold on Astromart for $950. The specs on it were very slightly more favorable than this scope, very slightly. If this scope doesn't sell as a package, I will sell it as parts if you wish to take your chances, but if you buy this scope and sell off those pieces you don't need, it will bring $400-$500 more than the asking price here, and you get the Zambuto mirror, plus a lot of other premium components. I would even be willing to keep whatever parts you won't be needing here in Flagstaff and shipping form here to a third party (at your expense) if that would help. I don't think you can build a better performing 10" than this one. And no, it will not be fair to take reservations for the various components in case I do decide to part it out.
While not a new scope and may need some clean-up, this scope functions beautifully and is in excellent condition.
• Fiberglass tube with cork interior(dew control), lite end rings, vinyl caps
• Zambuto primary, 1/50th wave RMS, Strehl Ratio of .984
• Novak primary mirror cell
• E&W 1.75” secondary
• Astrosystems spider and secondary holder
• JMI 2” Crayford focuser
• Telrad finder and illuminated 9x60 Orion
• Fan on mirror
• Dual mirror Thermometer
• 1.5" shafts
• Mathis 11” RA drive
• Tangent arm Declination drive
• Illuminated 6” setting circles
• Output jack for illuminated reticle
• Rotating rings as seen in the picture – not as sophisticated as Parks, but not as expensive either
• AP AC/DC drive corrector, hand paddle
• Entire scope fits on a big wheel jack built specifically to move this scope around easily.
Price: $1800 including the big wheel jack, trade discussions welcome.
Shipping: This would be a very difficult and expensive thing to ship, so it would be nice to work out a pickup/delivery arrangement where we meet part way or something.