We are selling our 10” f 5.6 reflector because my wife’s eyesight is fading and we are going to focus on solar viewing using smaller scopes. This is not a new scope and may need some clean-up, but it functions beautifully and, as you can see from the photo, is in excellent condition.
Additional photos upon request.
• Fiberglass tube with a fiberboard core and cork interior(dew control), light end rings, vinyl caps
• Zambuto primary, 1/50th wave RMS, Strehl Ratio of .984
• Novak primary mirror cell, three sets of mirror mounting holes
• E&W 1.75” secondary
• Astrosystems spider and secondary holder
• JMI 2” Crayford focuser
• Telrad finder and illuminated 9x60 Orion
• Fan on mirror, switch on the drive corrector
• Dual mirror Thermometer
• Heavily modified Meade DS-16 mount
• Mathis 11” RA drive
• Tangent arm Declination drive
• Illuminated 6” setting circles
• Output jack near saddle for illuminating a guiding reticle
• Rotating rings as seen in the picture – not as sophisticated as Parks, but not as expensive either
• Astro Physics AC/DC drive corrector, small 5 button hand paddle
• Entire mount fits on a big wheel jack that was built specifically to move this scope around easily.
Price: Mirrors of this quality have sold for $2000 by themselves. We will take $1800 for the entire telescope, including the big wheel jack.
Trades: We will also discuss trades, both partial or total, for other astronomy equipment, or for other equipment of one sort or another. It would be nice to see someone get this scope that would use it.
Shipping: This would be a very difficult and expensive thing to ship, so it would be nice to work out a pickup/delivery arrangement where we meet part way or something.