This is the CG-5 mount made by Synta, except this one came directly from Synta. It has the dual drives with multi-rate paddle and battery pack, bubble level, and polar alignment scope. The dovetail plate is included. I have a small hobbiest machine shop and a number of modifications have been made to the mount to improve its operation. I’ll share with you what I remember doing.
• Some hardware has been replaced with stainless steel.
• Some hardware that was steel has been replaced with nylon to avoid unnecessary wear.
• The mechanical drives were disassembled, cleaned, turned concentric if needed, and shimmed to make a tight, accurate fit.
• The power cords were rerouted and the “DC In” jack moved to the RA drive housing to clean up the routing.
• The two control cords and the original power cord are now bundled into curly cord tubes to clean things up.
• The short slow-motion cables were replaced with long flex cables for easier access when behind the eyepiece.
• Some things, like the unused side of the RA shaft, were re-machined to allow the RA axis to rotate further.
• A set of oak legs were made and are included, 5 ½’ long, adjustable by moving the through-bolts. The stock legs are only 4’4” long. The oak legs are shown in the photo.
• Velcro patches were added here and there, and on the back of the paddle, to keep it out of the way.
This mount was used under a 93mm Vixen refractor that I built for h-alpha viewing. It is being replaced by my G-11 Losmandy mount with a cluster of 3 reafactos on it for solar tudy. I have the original factory carton and the shipping weight will be about 56 pounds from zip code 86004, Flagstaff, AZ. I would be willing to meet someone a reasonable distance away.
It seems to be a good buy at $350 plus shipping, but if you disagree, please make me an offer. On trades, I need two refractors, a 4" and a 60mm of good quality, and the longer the better.