I'm building a larger instrument and it's time to find a good home for this wonderful 20" Obsession with homemade equatorial platform. Available April 1 (really!).
I'd like to sell the scope and platform together as a system because they are truly made for each other. However, I will sell the scope and platform separately if that's the way it works out. I already have a solid commitment for the platform.
I don't want to ship, but I am willing to meet halfway to deliver within a few hundred miles of Portland Oregon. Price for the complete system is $7500.
Please email for all the details if you're seriously interested, I'll have photos available in a few days. A few highlights:
20" Obsession, #038
* Built in 1991, the wood was refinished in 2003 to like-new condition.
* Swayze Optical refigured the original Galaxy primary in 1996 to eliminate a very thin turned edge. In great seeing I've had sharp images up to 1250x.
* Feathertouch focuser
* Fully baffled for optimum visual observing.
* Front and back surface fans for the primary mirror.
You can't buy an Obsession this finely tuned for visual observing.
Based directly on Tom Osypowski's wonderful design, I used his drive components throughout. Baltic birch construction stained a deep black with polyurethane finish.
* 100 minutes of tracking (one hour 40 minutes)- you can't buy a platform that tracks this long.
* Dual axis drive.
* Wireless hand control.
* Built for 45 degrees latitude.