** SOLD - Thanks for the response! (Darn, I should've asked more for it ;^) **
This was going to be a keeper for life--a stunning performer, but circumstances force this sale.
The 8" Pyrex mirror was amateur made in 1990 and refigured by Bob Royce in 1999 to his impeccable standards. Bob opted to figure the center approximate 7.75" and leave some of the TDE from the original maker. I have it masked at 7.5" presently, which is probably a bit excessive. So, yes, the mirror is masked down slightly (black paper ring), but oh my goodness is the unmasked aperture good. You won't miss the extra glass, and that is why I listed this as I have. Think of it as a black Starmaster Oak Classic, but larger. The secondary is 1.52", certified at 1/20-wave with enhanced coatings.
I promise you will see amazing planetary detail, six tight stars in the Trapezium (easy), wonderfully tight star images, etc. A planet killer in every respect, and the movements are SOLID and wonderful.
- Variable speed control for 3 primary cooling fans
- Kineoptics HC-2 helical crayford focuser w/1.25" adapter
- Superior 3-vane spider
- 2 eyepiece racks
- 12v 3.6 ah battery (needs your charger)
- Tube-length sliding counterweight system -- works and looks great
- 12v power out through the ground board via a brush power system to provide power to an EQ platform without dragging cables (platform not included)
- Like-new Telrad
- Beautiful, durable enameled tube
- Full internal baffling using highest quality black dress velvet
- Celestron dovetail altitude trunnions - improved even more with the addition of Velcro to one trunnion to provide optimal movement
- Teflon bearings
- Dust cover
- Comfortable carrying handles on both tube and mount
- Aft-tube Velcro strip for attaching additional counterweight, if desired, or accessories.
This is a scope you will want to use, a lot.