Complete C8 system for sale. Includes OTA, GEM, drive motor, tripod, eyepieces, filters, and a very cool 80mm Lumicon finder. Full inventory below.
Will deliver within 100 miles of Sacramento.
- Celestron 8" f10 Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope tube assembly with end cap. It was originally a late-80s orange tube, it's been refurbished and repainted to green-and-beige Takahashi-style color scheme.
Optics are excellent; focuser is very smooth with nearly no backlash.
Mount and hardware
- Vixen Super Polaris German equatorial mount with counterweight bar, bubble level, and polar alignment scope (mount base has small crack in casting)
- Two five lb. counterweights and one 2.5 lb. counterweight
- Dovetail for scope and block for mount
- RA clock drive with variable speed hand controller and c-cell battery pack
- Really slick Lumicon 80mm Super Finder
- Adjustable 90 mm ring set and dovetail mount (for finder)
- Large padded lens case (for finder)
- 2" visual back/#1a UV haze filter (for scope)
- 2" Meade mirror diagonal with 1.25" adaptor
- 45 deg. upright-image prism diagonal (for finder)
- 2" Rini 54mm modified Plossl
- 1.25" Celestron 7.5mm Plossl
- 1.25" Meade Research Grade 20mm Wide Angle Erfle
- 1.25" University 16mm Konig
- 1.25" University 25mm crosshair Kellner (for finder)
- 1.25" University 12.5mm Ortho
- 1.25” Edmund Scientific 28mm RKE
- Celestron #96-.9 neutral density filter (moon filter)
- Celestron #96-.3 neutral density filter
- Celestron #38a blue filter
- Meade #8 light yellow filter
- Meade #56 green filter
- Parks #12 yellow filter
- unk #21 orange
- unk #80a blue