Starsplitter II truss tube Dobsonian telescope.
* Local sale in Southern California only. (Too large to ship).
* $1950 or best offer. Would consider trade possibilities (see bottom half of ad).
Approximately 6-8 years old. Works great. Used cosmetic condition. No tools needed for collimation of the primary or secondary mirrors. (I now have a home-built 17.5" truss Dob so no longer use this one).
Specs and accessories included:
- Discovery 15" f/5 premium primary mirror. (94%-96% reflectivity).
- QSP 2.6" secondary mirror.
- JMI 2" Reverse Crayford Focuser with 1.25" adapter.
- Telrad finder.
- Inexpensive laser collimator.
- Home-made truss pole bag.
- Folding wheel barrow handles.
- Home-made light shroud.
Eyepiece Height at Zenith = 76"
I am interested in the following items as possible trades:
- Almost any Tele Vue refractor and/or mount.
- Vixen ED refractor (around 4" aperture, short focal length preferred) and/or mount (SP, SP-DX, GP, GP-DX).
- Losmandy mount (GM-8 or possibly G-11).
- Older Brandon APO refractor (like 94mm).
- Other quality short-to-medium focal length refractor and/or mount???
Please email for more details.