Astro Visioneer 80mm f/5 short tube refractor. No diagonal or eyepieces.
*** $90 shipped within the continental U.S. ***
(Includes a home-made solar filter; Baader Planetarium 2" diameter solar film kit mounted in a cardboard cell wrapped in duct tape; ugly but works great). Cosmetic condition of scope is pretty good (...just some light scuffing on the tube but nothing serious). Optics are clean, intact, and perform as expected for this type of scope. Also includes the original cheap plastic 6x30 finder on quick-release mounting bracket.
The following items are noteable:
(1. The 1/4"-20 hole in the mounting block has the first 2 or so threads stripped leaving about 4 remaining. I use a longer than normal bolt (...shown in the picture and included...) in my tripod head to mount it which works well and definitely keeps the scope mounted securely.
(2. The rubber on the bottom of the mounting block has mostly come off (and is shown in the picture) but could be glued back on if desired.
(3. Unlike the Orion version of this scope, the dew shield slides on and off as opposed to screwing on and off. (Lens cap is plastic).
(4. The focuser knob assembly seems to have the slightest bit of play when switching directions. This is just in the knob and driver rod assembly. The focuser tube itself has no play whatsoever, so works very well. (There's no image shift or focus shift, just a VERY BRIEF pause where nothing happens when switching directions on the focuser knobs).
Please email with any questions. If buyer needs a diagonal and/or eyepieces, I have the following that I was planning on keeping but could include for a bit more (just make an offer):
- Meade 90 degree prism diagonal
- Generic 25mm (silver top) Plossl
- Celestron 8mm Nexstar (silver top) Plossl