Modified Celestron CI-700 equatorial mount complete with Astrometric Instruments SkyWalker telescope control system and Compaq Armada portable computer.
As a reference, when buying new, all components of this mount will cost you $3,990.
- modified CI-700 equatorial head, modifications include gear "hobbing", replacement of clutch pads and locking hardware, polar scope calibration, bearings load adjustment, etc. All mods are done in a professional mechanical shop
- CI-700 field tripod filled with FPU to suppress high frequency vibrations
- optical 4000 step encoders on both axes to support manual moves
- two 21 lbs counterweight
- Astrometric SkyWalker 2 GoTo system adjusted to 2 arc min pointing accuracy
- Compaq Armada 1750 laptop running SkyWalker control software that can also run CCD camera control software, etc, compete with field DC to AC power converter.
Mount easily supports up to 50-55 lbs payload for imaging, up to 55-60 lbs for visual observations.
Mount has been used for about two years and was professionally maintained throughout this period, including monthly cleaning and lubrication.
Selling due to upgrade to a higher capacity mount.
Additional information is available at any time by e-mail. Serious inquiries only please. $3,000 OBO.