I had this Unitron along with an Alvan Clark OTA in a single auction a few weeks back. I received several requests to split them up, so here goes...
4" Unitron in excellent mechanical condition. When I bought this telescope the coatings were peeling off and there were some cleaning sleeks. Barry of D&G polished off the coatings and most of the sleeks out. He cleaned the objective and added new spacers. The objective is not perfect, but the views are awesome. This was my Halloween night telescope for many years and it was always a huge hit.
- Circa mid 1950s, 100mm lens (not the newer 102mm lens)
- Super focuser in excellent condition
- Solar projection screen and rod
- Super Unihex with eyepieces as shown in photos, including the huge 60mm.
- The Unihex drawtube also has an adapter for .965 eyepieces.
- I added a new adapter for 1.25" eyepieces, pressure fit.
- Wood storage case is in decent shape, it has been re-laminated and worked on over the years. Hardware is not original.
- Mount in excellent shape as well with aftermarket RA tracking motor.
- Eyepiece tray light with original bulb (works)
- Tool kit as shown in photos
- Dec controls are not original
- Threaded CW and shaft are not original
Payment: Wire transfer will probably work best. Will consider Paypal, if you are willing to their fee or send the money via "Friends and Family" option. Cashier's check will also work, but those will have a several week clearance waiting period, unless from a local bank that is willing to cash it.
Shipping: I much rather this be a face to face transaction. After payment clears, I am willing to drive as much as 5 to 6 hours to north Florida at no additional charge to insure a safe hand-over. If you are beyond driving distance and require shipping, then all arrangements, risks and costs are your responsibility. I can drop off the equipment at a local shipper or they can come get it at my house. I will not bear any responsibility for the equipment after it leaves my hands and are not able to help pack or crate. Please keep this in mind before bidding.
This is a very nice Unitron you will be proud to own, use and display.
If you don't see it in the photos, it is not included. Feel free to drop me a note with any questions you may have.