The New CCD Astronomy
How to capture the stars with a CCD camera in your own backyard.
The New CCD Astronomy is the bible of CCD imaging. It contains everything you need to know to become proficient at CCD astrophotography. Hundreds of detailed illustrations show you how, step by step. Whether you image with film or a CCD camera, you will find the digital processing techniques ideal for improving the quality of your astrophotos. And tips on selecting, tuning, and using the right equipment will put you in the fast lane to outstanding images.
* How a CCD camera works
* How to achieve critical focus
* How to choose the right mount, telescope, and CCD camera
* How to autoguide
You'll also learn:
* The secrets of color imaging
* The art of noise reduction
* Image processing techniques
* Advanced processing for planets, nebulae, galaxies, and more
Free with purchase: a one-year subscription to the New Astronomy web site, including:
* A complete online version of the book
* Additional fully-illustrated tutorials
* Discussion groups moderated by the author
* Advice from the author on your images
* Searchable database of CCD imaging targets
* Software to match camera and scope (CCDCalc)
I spent a year and a half writing The New CCD Astronomy. It begins shipping early in December. All orders placed prior to publication receive a signed copy of the first edition. Price is $49.95, and includes a one-year subscription to the extra features on the web listed above, including Adobe Acrobat files of the complete text.