I'll sell for $900. If you're interested in this mount, you already know all about it. This is why I have liked it:
1) Built in, illuminated, highly accurate polar alignment finder. When will be the day when all GEMs have these?
2) Very sturdy-- held my C9.25 at 500x without problem.
3) The Vixen instructions (included) display intelligent-looking Japenese men in white lab coats showing you how to use the mount
4) Extremely smooth in both axes, and smooth tracking. Once again, this is how all mounts should be built.
5) You can use the Sky Sensor 2000 on this mount (like I have, although it is not included). The SS2K is the best and most economical full GOTO system out there.
6) The Vixen green. You either love it or hate it. I liked it, but my wife preferred it, so the color was an advantage.
7) The tripod ain't like them Chinese ones. Finally, someone made a light aluminum tripod that is very sturdy. Very smooth on the locking knobs, too.
8) If you don't go the SS2K route, these setting circles actually work! Wow! The lock knobs actually lock them down! I'm not kidding! How many other GEMs can you say that about?
I've owned other GEMs before (Celestron and Losmandy) and everything about this Vixen GP-DX just says "why aren't all mounts built like this?"
I'm selling because I'm going big on aperture (dob, I've been assimilated).
Buyer pays actual shipping and insurance, and I'll ship in the original Vixen boxes. Kinda cool to get something delivered to your door with Japenese characters all over it.