The Nova Hitch is a new state-of-the-art interpretation of a classical alt-az mount that concentrates on perfecting essential function -- achieving the perfect no-nonsense mount for visual astronomy and unguided, stacked-frame astro-imaging. Capable of carrying a 140 mm APO refractor with ease yet light enough to be a nimble match to a 105 mm APO, the Nova Hitch marries digital pointing, electronic tracking, two-axis balancing, compression/tension loaded structure, and other modern elements with the elegance and straightforward simplicity of traditional mounts -- plus a fair amount of brute strength.
The Nova Hitch is crafted to compliment the best scopes. It is CNC machined from aircraft-grade alloys for strength, precision, smoothness, and beauty. Moreover, the Nova Hitch is built to endure -- with parts that just won't break unless severly abused. Should servicing ever be needed, the processes are straightforward and can usually be performed in the field by the user. And bearings, motors, gears, drive-screws, controller boards and most of the "workings" are off-the-shelf components that can be obtained from standard industrial sources -- while individual machined components are also available without hassle (although will likely never be needed). In every way possible, the Nova Hitch respects your investment.
The Nova Hitch is better than any competing mount because it starts with an elegant, "clean sheet" integration of superior design concepts.
Only a modest deposit is required to reserve your Nova Hitch.
* Versatile, lightweight (8.7 pound) mount for most refracting astronomical scopes to 140 mm, SCT to 9.25 inches, and angle-view binoculars to 100 mm.
* Special version for the C-11, Mewlon 250, or similar Cassegrain scopes.
* Efficient CNC-machined, cross-braced structure. Rigid, precise, and beautiful.
* Two-axis balancing. No chasing balance. No flop. No heavy friction.
* Slow-motion controls with no-tool, quick-adjust clutches and ball bearing rotations.
* Optional digital electronic tracking control.
* Optional 8,192-step encoders and fold-away DSC bracket.
* Preloaded roller-type thrust and axis bearings. Zero slop.
* Dovetail plate system for fast, easy attachment of payload. Knurled stainless steel clamping knobs.
* Finder bracket.
* Horizon stop to protect scopes while out-of-balance during eyepiece changes.
* Attaches to tripod via standard 3/8-16 screw.
* Tripod-friendly design keeps the load near the tripod centerline for stability and low vibration while providing excellent scope clearance. No extension column needed!
* Built-in bubble level.
To visit the Half Hitch website, please click on the Seller link above.