This is a mid 1980's Meade 320 80mm f/11 made in Japan
All original imported by Meade from the Japanese manufacturer MIZAR. At the time it sold for over $600. High quality optics that produce nice images at the eyepiece.
- Objective is scratch free and clean w/dew shield.
- Collimatable lens cell.
- Precise 1-1/4 focuser w/tension adjust and alignment screws.
- 6 x 30mm finder scope.
- Well baffled tube (No dents or dings, couple minor scratches).
- Tube rings.
- No diagonal.
- MIZAR EQ mount. The mount is solid, smooth in all directions, includes flex controls and solid hardwood legs w/three rubber tips.
- Some scuffs on wooden legs.
- Original owner drilled two holes in the saddle for mounting (see photo).
- I was unable to remove the screws holding the saddle.
- A small tip on the mount is broken off near one RA gear box mounting bolt, has no effect on function (see photo).
- Focuser pinion slightly out of true, hardly noticeable and has no effect on performance.
I provide packing materials and pack it up just as I'd like it securely sent to me.