I’ve decided to sell my Unitron 4 inch F-15 Model 160. Please see the attached photographs and descriptions. I bought this telescope in the late 1980’s in Cleveland, Ohio. It was purchased by the original owner in 1967 as a pier mount instrument. Later, the owner sold the pier and bought a Unitron tripod for field use. The instrument is complete with all the toys but does not have the original Unitron weight shelf. I have made a nice substitute out of cherry wood. Someone may want to either locate or fabricate a copy of the original. The objectives, telescope tube, mount, and gears are in excellent condition.
I’m asking $6,750 but will consider other offers.
List of components that are included with the sale:
• Unitron gravity RA weight drive: This unit is in excellent condition. No oxidation to the brass or nickel plate. Includes crank, fasteners, and drive weights.
• Unitron electric RA motor drive: This is the electric version of the RA drive with a long universal shaft running up into the RA gearbox. Large and heavy, this unit is very accurate and will run the scope without winding.
• Unitron photographic guidescope: This unit comes with mounting rings that will fit into the main telescope cabinet. The guidescope was purchased as a set with the scope with matching focus knobs: Excellent condition with eyepiece adapters.
• Unitron Uni-balance: This was designed to counterweight the balance of the guide scope and piggyback attachment. Original weight and rings.
• Unitron plate camera: This comes with camera, box, three sheet film holders, drawtube, and yellow filter.
• Unitron Super Unihex: Excellent condition with solid advance from one eyepiece to the next. Will hold the 60mm, 40mm, and 5 smaller .965 eyepieces (all included)
• Unitron Duetron: Excellent condition and comes with original box. This unit uses .965 eyepieces and slides into the drawtube assembly on either the main instrument or photographic guide.
• Eyepieces 60mm, 40mm, 25mm(2), 18mm, 12.5mm, 9mm, 7mm, 6mm, 5mm, and 9mm crosswire eyepice
• Unitron various cases
• Unitron solar projection screens and rod: Rod is in excellent condition with some minor paint flaking on the screens.
• Front aperture cover for solar observing (yellow filter). This is a rare full aperture accessory that stops-down the instrument to around 1.25 inches. A yellow filter is used in combination with a adjustable iris on the front of the instrument.
• Milar solar filter: This was a Roger Tuthill accessory for visual observation of the sun. Purchased in the early 1990s.
• Unitron super focuser with graduated scale: Comes with all necessary drawtubes and clamps. Metal focus knobs in alternating black and nickel.
• Various eyepiece adapters: I have a few adapters that are included and are shown in the attached photographs.
• Unitron tool box: This is a rare tool box that came with the scope. It includes some extra fasteners, wrench, knobs, etc.
• Hardwood cases for mount, tube assembly, and legs: Included are the original Unitron cases. They were refinished years ago in a dark mahogany color. They can be bleached back by a refinisher if desired.
• Unitron piggyback bracket: This accessory is used for piggyback astrophotography. Barely used and is in excellent condition.
• Unitron RA cable for manual advance
• Manuals, catalog, etc