Offering for sale-my quality classic 1972 60mm refractor. This telescope was made back when Tasco was still making real telescopes. It has an achromatic crown and flint glass 1000mm F/16.7 Fraunhofer air spaced objective in an adjustable metal cell. As to be expected this scope has a few minor marks on it from years of use, but is in over all decent shape for its age, as shown in the photos. The wooden case has scratches from handling in the dark over the years. This scope gives good views when used with the included 1 ¼” eyepiece adapter and quality eyepieces. In the past I spent many satisfying hours viewing the wonders of the lunar landscape, Jupiter’s major belts and moons, Saturn’s rings as well as a lot of the messier objects with it. Haven’t used it in many years now because of the purchase of a larger 4” refractor so it’s time to let someone else get some use out of it. Would also make a fine guidescope.
Sorry, pickup only, will not ship this instrument because when packed in the wooden box it weighs in at about 35 pounds. But, at a price of less than that of a good eyepiece, I’m sure that there must be a budding astronomer somewhere in the New England area that would like a good starter scope for a reasonable price. Asking only $159.00 for everything.
Comes with the following:
1. White F/16.7 1000mm 60mm-tube assembly with metal objective cover.
2. 6x30 finder and bracket
3. Equatorial mount and wooden tripod with slow motion cables.
4. 3- 1¼” Criterion AR eyepieces 18mm, 9mm, 7mm giving 55x, 111x, 143x
5. Screw in eyepiece adapter for 1 ¼” eyepieces.
6. 3- .965 HM eyepieces 20mm, 12.5mm, 6mm giving 50x, 80x, & 167x.
7. 1- .965- 3X Barlow giving mostly useless magnification 150x, 240x and wow 500x, ha, ha!!!
8. Screw in adapter for use of standard 1 ¼” accessories.
9. Wooden storage box with carrying handle.