Beautiful, nearly new (only 3 months old) Celestron 14 inch CGE with Starbright XLT coatings. Asking $5200 for a scope that costs nearly $6100 new. Includes all standard Celestron accessories with a 2 inch diagonal and 40mm eyepiece. Also includes Astrozap flexible dewshield, polar alignment scope, piggyback camera mount, serial and PC cables. Will deliver within 150 miles of Washington DC. Otherwise, buyer pays shipping in continental US only.
This is an incredible scope. The level of detail is amazing. But I live in a townhouse near Washington DC and can not fully utilize this scope's capabilities. This is why I am selling.
The CGE Series 1400 Specifications:
• 14" (356mm) Schmidt-Cassegrain Optical Design
• 3910mm Focal Length, f/11
• StarBright Multi-Coating
• Computerized Equatorial Mount
• Super HD Tripod
• Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit Computerized Hand Control
• RS-232 communication port on hand control
Electronic and Software Features
• GoTo system is precision accurate to 1.5 arcminutes
• 40,000+ object database with 400 user-defined objects. Features include: Compass Calibration, Polar Alignment routine, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, Auto North and Level, Quick Align, and user-defined slew limits.
• Hibernate – maintains alignment even while powered down.
• Polar alignment routines for Northern and Southern hemispheres.
• Filter limits – displays only objects above the horizon.
• Permanent programmable periodic error correction (PEC) – corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives.
• Smooth ramping of slew motors to reduce wear on the drive train.
• Home sensors on R.A. and Dec axes.
• Fail-safe slew limit switches in R.A.
• Real-time clock – maintains time even when powered down.
• 12VDC Servo Motors with integrated optical encoders with 0.11 arcsecond resolution.
The CGE Series 1400 Standard Accessories:
• 2" – 40mm Eyepiece (98x)
• 2" Diagonal with 1.25" Adapter
• 9x50 Finderscope and Mounting Bracket
• Car Battery Adapter