I have a Celestron Nexstar 5i Kit (#11034) for sale. The kit consists of the Nexstar 5i telescope #11033, Computerized Hand Controller #93962 and Wedge/Tripod #93497. I'm also including many accessories with this. The second Tripod and Wedge are much more stable for Astrophotography. The Kit included tripod is great for grab and go alt az mode.
I previously had the Nexstar 5 and was so happy with that, I upgraded to the 5i. The 5i is better for photography since it can easily handle wedge alignments and has an autoguider port. The first thing I noticed when I powered this on is I couldn't hear it tracking. I thought it wasn't working, but that wasn't the case. In tracking mode it is dead silent. You only hear it when slewing. I also found the goto accuracy to be a bit better. Thw weight of the package is simply amazing. OTA, base and controller: 17.6lbs. Tripod: 10lbs. I bought a set of Bob's knobs for the first scope but never used them. Didn't need them for this either. The 5" hold collination well. I've recently decided to take the next step and move up to a Nexstar 8 GPS, so it is time to find a new home for this.
- Nexstar 5i kit: OTA, goto, red dot finder + tripod (List $995)
- Celestron Silver 25mm Plossl
- Original doublebox shipping containers
- Kendrick Dewshield (List $27)
- Bob's Knobs Kit (List $25)
- Ray's Brackets (List $85)
- Celestron Piggyback Mount #93601 (List $35)
- Orion Glass Solar Filter (List $99)
- Celestron Wedge #93658 with upgrades (List $145)
- Celestron Extra Tripod CG5 style with Vixen wooden legs(List ~$100)
- Custon wheeled case for OTA and wedge (List ~$70)
- Soft case for tripod (List ~$25)
- Meade 2" SCT diagonal with 2 - 1.25 adapter. Substituted for Standard visual back and Celestron 1.25 diagonal (List $100 - $70)
This lists for $1636 + shipping. My price is $900 shipped CONUS only, PayPal (+fee), Money Order or Bank Check.
- Nagler 22mm
Thanks for looking,