Custom 8" truss-tube dob with the following features:
- Discovery premium pyrex primary mirror (gives very nice views of
Jupiter and Saturn when seeing is good)
- Protostar spider and secondary holder (easy to collimate and
holds collimation well)
- JMI reverse crayford focuser (very smooth)
- Rigel Quickfinder
- Ebony Star on Teflon bearings (definitely smoother than
commercial dobs I have used)
- Quality oak veneer plywood construction
- Lightweight (total weight is about 35 lbs - can carry in one
- Ability to break the scope down into small pieces for transport
(about 10 minute breakdown, and 20 minute setup)
Asking price is $450, which does not even cover the price of parts. What are you waiting for? This is much better than most commercial dobs.
I prefer not to ship. Will meet anybody in California, or possibly a neighboring state, halfway. E-mail for more pictures and info.