1. C14 optical tube: excellent optics, 10 min full frame image of M57 at f/7 with ST10 attached,Celestron reducer/corrector. Perfect round coma-free stars in all corners. Inside of tube is flocked (Protostar), three 12v cooling fans and vents with power supply, Bob's Knobs(easy collimation), JMI DFC (digital focus counter): $3,500 or best offer
2. A pair of Parallax rings (15.3" OD for C14)with two DC14 Losmandy plates (retail = $299 plus two times $135 = $569. Very solid support with top and bottom Losmandy plates. $500 or best offer
3. Optec TCF (temperature compensating focuser) with hand controller etc. and adapter for C14 back (also adapter to fit into any 2" focuser). Can be upgraded to the TCF-S for $100 at Optec, the TCF-S sells for $895: $750 or best offer
4. Everything above: $4,500 plus shipping. No mirror flop or flexure with guidescope. Mirror secured by finishing rough focus with main knob in CCW (JMI DFC)(counter clockwise pushes the mirror away and up). Then the screws in the packing screw holes are advanced in using only light finger pressure until they touch the other two lobes of the metal support frame (the 3rd lobe is for the focuser screw). The inner anatomy of the C14 makes the mirror easy to fix at three points. C11's however have only one lobe for the focuser. Fine tune focus is then made with the Optec TCF.
5. Reason for selling: upgrading to a much more expensive telescope and wife says that I have too many telescopes already (as if that were really possible).
Dean Easton MD
Las Vegas, NV