E-mail server had problems due to blackout. Please try again.
Excellent condition. High-quality PYREX mirror. Superb views. Limited use. Kept in 1st floor family room.
Have too many scopes… Selling this for about the shipped Discovery price, but w/ $300 worth of extras!
1. PYREX mirror. Helps viewing in cold. Gives good images faster than plate glass.
2. 2"/1.25” Crayford focuser. JMI—DX-3, metal, high quality—smooth precise. Lower profile than rack and pinion & works better in colder weather.
3. Mars-eye red dot 1x finder. (Plus 6x30 Celestron finder w/ 6-screw mount.)
4. Black elastic dust covers— both ends!
5. Handles on base.
6. Wheels for base (if wanted).
ADVANTAGES OVER ORION’S 8" DOBSONIAN:
1. High quality Discovery mirror.
2. Enhanced mirror coatings, for brighter images.
3. SONOTUBE not metal tube! Better in winter, less dew prone, no heat plumes from observer's hands, etc.
4. Crayford focuser—JMI.
5. Mars-eye red-dot pointer.
Adjustable side bearings. Added felt pads—improves balance. Unlike Hardin scopes, mirror's center is marked to aid collimation. Scope holds collimation well. Manual, original boxes. No eyepiece.
Good family or 1st scope. 8” is much more manageable than 10”. Tube only 19 lbs, base only 22 (vs. 35/30 for 10”).
OPTIONAL: have scope be DSC ready. For only $100 more, I'll provide the encoders, tangent arms, and cable for digital setting circles and reinstall Discovery mounting brackets (worth $160 & saves you installation trouble). All you need is a DSC computer box. Works well with Sky Commander and DSCs from Celestron, JMI, Lumicon, Discovery, etc.
Pick up preferred. Avoid shipping delays & problems. I might consider repacking it, but you’d pay UPS shipping/insurance from 13850.
Only $520. Bank check or personal check with ID, employer. E-mail questions.