Wonderful scope. Superb views. High-quality Pyrex mirror.
Loaded with features. Selling it because I have too many telescopes…
Comes with 8x50 Discovery finder, 2" Crayford focuser, and adjustable side bearings. Scope balances well, without adjustment, even with heavy eyepiece/barlow.
Mirror center spotted, useful for collimation, but scope holds collimation well.
This well-made Discovery telescope has these distinct advantages over Orion’s 10".
1. You're getting a high quality Discovery mirror.
Discovery is known for the excellence of its mirrors.
2. The mirrors have Discovery's enhanced coatings, so you have better transmission and brighter images than regular 10" mirrors.
3. Sonotube rather than metal tube.
Better in winter, less dew prone, no heat plumes from observer's hands, etc.
4. 2" Crayford focuser with 1.25" adapter.
This is a JMI—DX-3, metal, high quality Crayford—smooth and precise. Better than a rack and pinion, especially in colder weather.
5. Telrad already installed next to eyepiece!
6. Comes with black elastic dust covers--for both ends!
7. Wheels and handles on base (both removable if you prefer).
Pick up only, upstate NY.
Save several hundred over prices for comparable scopes if equipped with these extras, no sales tax, and receive it immediately. (No shipping hassles, delays, or problems.)
Only $800. Bank check or U.S. postal money order.
Optional: have the scope come DSC ready.
For only $120 extra, I will include installed Discovery encoders, mounting brackets, and cable for digital setting circles (worth $155 and saves you the installation trouble). All you'd need to do is buy a DSC computer box.
Works well with Sky Commander (only $275 from skyeng) and any of the Tangent DSCs (Orion, Celestron, JMI, Lumicon, Discovery, etc.).
Contact me if you have any questions.