I am selling my Orion Atlas Mount.
It is in perfect condition and has been used 3-times for a total of 4-hours. Everything is in mint shape and absolutely perfect. It is virtually new.
This mount has the ILLUMINATED POLAR FINDER SCOPE.
I believe this mount is the same as the Synta EQ-6. It is a very heavy duty mount.
This mount has a load capacity of 40 lbs., the Atlas will support instruments as large as 10" reflectors or 11" Schmidt-Cassegrains.
Here are the features of this mount:
1) It comes with dual internal DC stepper motor drives.
2) The hand controller allows rates of 2x, 8x, and 16x over the sidereal rate and has R.A. and Dec. reverse switches.
3) Drives are powered by 12 volts DC, from the included battery pack (8 D-cell batteries not included).
4) Features 3" setting circles, azimuth fine adjustment, illuminated polar alignment scope, dovetail bar for tube rings, and two 11-lb. counterweights.
5) The tripod boasts big 2"-diameter stainless steel tube legs with spreader bar/accessory plate.
I am selling this mount as I recently purchased a TV NP-101 and it does not need a mount this heavy. I used this mount with my Celestron 6” refractor which will also be going up for sale shortly. If you are interested in both the mount and the scope, let me know.
This mount will be shipped in the two original boxes it came in along with the original packaging and manual.
My price is $725 shipped or $650+$75 shipping. I accept Paypal, checks, or money orders.
Thank you for looking and e-mail me if you have any questions.