I have owned this scanner for just about 1 year and it is a fantastic performer for the money. I upgraded to a Nikon Coolscan IV ED and while it is great, the difference in scans is almost zero. It can only be scene at very high magnification. If I had to do it over again, I would not have made the change. This thing is sharp. I have a link with a pros review, but it could not be put in this ad.
It also makes a great astrophoto scanner - not all scanners do - see my sample scans below, these are low res. Full resolution shots are sharp and contrasty.
Price is $190.00 - Shipped in Conus.
· Works with Windows Win98 / 2000 / ME / XP; Mac OS 8.5 or later
· 2700 X 2700 dpi optical resolution
· 36-bit, over 68.7 billion colors for true-to-life accuracy
· Fast scan speed: complete a 2700 dpi scan within 40 sec.
· Auto Positioning and Focusing Technology to secure a sharper image
· Advanced zero-reflection optical design for a undistorted scan image ScanWit employs a unique zero-reflection optical design to preserve image definition
· Auto-loading mechanism can preview/scan up to six frames at one
· 3.2D high dynamic range for greater color fertility
· 3-channel ASIC and A/D converter design for accurate color registration
· 35mm filmstrip and 35mm-mounted slide, in either color or black/white.
· One-Touch Scan Button The "SCAN" button automatically activates the driver and previews the loaded frames.