Support Astromart! | Log In | Help
Astronomy NewsTelescope ClassifiedsTelescope AuctionsTelescope Articles & ArticlesTelescope Articles & ReviewsTelescope and Astronomy ForumsAstronomy Events Calendar
View Categories
Browse By Location
Place A New Ad
Display Preferences
Search Classifieds

User Name:


Save Login
New to Astromart?
Register an account...

Terms of Service
Privacy Policy
Help & FAQ
Astronomy Links
User Profiles
Top Users List
RSS Feeds

Home > Classifieds > Astromart Classifieds > Filters > Classified #179560

For Sale: APM Solar- Herschelwedges 1.25" and 2"

Ad No.: 179560
Seller: APM-Telescopes
Posted: 3/15/2003 4:12 AM
Location: Goebenstrasse 35
Saarbruecken, - Germany
Phone: +49-174-3234333
Ad Hits: 540
APM Telescopes has designed and is now offering 1.25" and 2" ultra high quality Herschel wedges/Solar prisms for high resolution photo-visual work with refractors and Shiefspieglers.

In the middle of the last century,till to today, Carl Zeiss sells Herschel wedges in a 2" format size to Baader Planetarium , and they are used to observe and image the sun by the most skilled solar observers, achieving the highest quality results.
100% of the Solar energy enters the diagonal, and 95% of the energy goes out at the bottom side, which is protected at both sides with metal covers so you won't burn your clothes with this rejected energy. The remaining 5% of the Solar light is still strong enough to damage your eyes, so to make visual viewing safe, we supply special filters that block the light intensity to only 1/100,000 of the energy of the Sun, including the UV and infrared energy, which is a
completely safe level. The filters are the highest quality, and are made by the well respected filter company BW-Schneider/Kreuznach in Germany. For general photo-visual use, we recommend the set of one ND 3.0 filter, and one Polarizing filter. Many customers asked us about the potential
problems for the eye by using a Herschel wedge. In Germany we have strong medical laws and Herschel wedges have been proved to be trouble free for the human eye, if they are used as recommended. The dangerous wavelengths are blocked to provide complete safety to your eyes.


Herschelwedge 1.25" $115,00
Herschelwedge 2" $235,00
Polarizingfilter 1.25" $ 25,00
Polarizingfilter 2" $ 25,00
Grayfilter ND 3,0 (1.000x) 1.25" $ 35,00
Grayfilter ND 3,0 (1.000x) 2" $ 35,00

Delivery can start around April 2003

Markus Ludes


Back to Listing

All times are in (GMT-8:00) Pacific Standard Time Zone  
Astronomy News | Telecope Classifieds | Telescope Auctions | Telescope Reviews | Telescopes | Telescope and Astronomy Forums | My Account | Help | RSS