Here's my problem. Like so many others, I can't shell out thou$and$ for a GM11, AP900, etc. I've been lurking here for weeks, even months in search of one of these mounts, even in bad shape, that I could pick up for US$1000 or less. I'll list my requirements, and if you have something that will fit, please email and we can discuss it.
1. Portable - I often cart this thing around to my club observing site and numerous star parties, so it has to break down into pieces that weight less than 50 lbs, and fit into my mid-size car.
2. Tracking - I want to get into astrophotography, so this baby has to be able to track with minimal intervention. Both axis must be motorized with slewing via a hand unit. Multiple tracking rates are a big plus.
3. Heavy-duty enough to hold and track at least my 35 lb. scope.
4. Will run off of 12 VDC
5. Has polar scope and fine Alt/Az adjustments for aligning.
6. Costs less than $1000 including a pier or tripod.
Condition is not that important, as long as what's broke is repairable.
Send me your proposals.....