This is a PCFocus interface box sold through Adirondack for $295 (check their site for full specs). Here's a quick description:
PCFocus provides hardware and software to control motorized focusers (LX-200 & NGF-S w/DRO) with a personal computer, either locally or remotely. The software is available as a standalone application and an AstroArt plug-in.
All drivers and manuals are available on Aquest's site and there is also a helpful Yahoo listserve group devoted to it. PCFocus is often sold as a package with FocusAide which is an autofocus application and is NOT included in this package, however a free trial is available for downloading.
The PCFocus box does the following:
- Allows motorized focusers to be controlled from a personal computer's serial port - (works with USB to serial converters)
- Consists of a hardware (control/interface unit, cables, battery, and 12V power supply) and utility software
- Operates in Direct or LX-200 mode
- Gives any JMI focuser with encoder a serial port interface
- Parameter settings function for fine-tuning focuser operation
- Precise "go-to" focuser positioning down to resolution of optical encoder (e.g. JMI NGFS with 2160 encoder to approximately 0.0005" of focuser travel)
- Course and fine focus with digital on-screen readout.
- Automatic backlash correction
- Focuser can still be manually controlled via hand control unit supplied with focuser or LX-200 handset. On-screen digital readout of focuser position is still operative
- Can be used locally or remotely, including over the Internet
- Control unit operates from internal 9V battery or external 12V power source (wall transformer supplied).
- Serial port is pass-thru allowing other devices to utilize the same serial port connection
- Works with USB to serial port converters
PcFocus - $150 shipped - CONUS. (PayPal, mo, checks fine)