REDUCED to $600!
This is the basic Celestar 8 - 8" SCT. It's a black tube unit, purchased about 3 or 4 years ago (I can find out exact date if you're interested). The upper tube is like new, no damage or scratches of any kind (just adhesive tape where the telrad is mounted). The wedgepod has a couple of paint dings but no structural damage whatsoever.
This is a great unit for visual use but is not really very suitable for photography. The light wedgepod and very long battery life (a single 9V battery will run it for several nights of observing) make it easy to carry around to dark sites, and it tracks great for visual with just a 10 second "point it at polaris" alignment.
Includes all original stuff:
- 1.25" visual back
- 1.25" diagonal
- 25mm SMA eyepiece
- 6x30 finder
- wedgepod (combo tripod and wedge - VERY light, easy to carry, 45 second setup).
- owner's manual, scope cover
- Original shipping container (foam and double box)
Also includes (added stuff):
- Bob's Nobs (collimation screws)
- Telrad finder
Optional (if you want it, extra cost)
- Jim's Mobile 8000 step encoders and mounting brackets; JMI's price $275, I will sell for $175. This is a neat setup, it allows the tube to swing through the fork; even Celestron's setup doesn't do that.
I have been quite happy with this scope, but I now have a 15" dob and never use the C8 anymore.
Original cost without the addons was $1100. I'll sell the whole thing for $600, or feel free to make an offer. Buyer will pay actual shipping costs (your choice of shipping methods, must be insured).
Email me if you'd like pictures or have any questions. I'm new to Astromart, but I can provide my ID at another site if you'd like to view my feedback over there (100+ positive, no negatives).