Autoguide with a Quickcam?
Yes its very easy to do with the right gear and I am offering my complete setup shipped INCONUS USPS priority mail for only 349.00!
Included in the package:
(1) original greyscale quickcam with custom machined 6061 Aluminum housing. I have over a hundred bucks in the QC, optical window and material and about 24hrs worth of time in the housing that is T-threaded. Also included is oem sw as well as M. Niemi's Guide.exe
(1) Meade ETX to T thread adapter
(1) Meade ETX 90 ota. (Optical tube has some scratches but optics are in top shape-delivers sharp images)
(1) Scopetronix ETX dewshield
(1) Orion 12mm Kelner reticle eyepiece
(1) Rigel reflex finder (mount on ETX to easily acquire quidestars)
(1) IBM TP 350 486/SL25 PC with color display running WIN98 OSR2. AC adapter included-batteries are shot and sliders stick on the display but a darned good unit for this application. I was able to send 3 corrections/second to my LX200 while running Marty Niemi's Guider.exe sw designed to autoguide with a QC.
(1) DB9 to RJ plug configured to work with the LX200 interface. Also included is a 25' 4 conductor rj11 patch cord
(1) Aluminum case
(1) pair of 5" clamshell type mounting rings drilled and tapped 1/4-20 for guidescope alignment thumbscrews.
All you need is a means to mount the guide rings and you're all set if you have an LX200 or a mount that can accept the LX200 command protocols.
Cashier's check/money order shipped upon receipt
personal check after it clears the bank.
If you would like to see images I have taken while autoguiding with this rig please inquire.