This telescope is not your run-of-the-mill telescope. I bought this fully intending to use for field work, but I have not been able to use it at all. It is a Supercharged LX 200 Classic 8" f/10 - the REAL Meade workhorse telescope. There is not another 8" on the market like it. It has been perfected mechanically, optically and electronically. Latest processors.
* 8" f/10 LX 200 Supercharged Classic, 6 months old, PERFECT condition with all standard accessories, tripod (still in the box!), etc.
* Meade Wedge with deluxe altitude and azimuth controls, this is the 10" version which gives you added clearance under the scope in Polar mode;
* JMI NGF-S brand new electric Crayford-style focuser installed;
* Custom modified internal focusing assembly;
* Losmandy Dovetail mounting plate with radius blocks, brand new;
* Losmandy SCT 8" counterweight set, brand new;
* Mint Meade 8" blue aluminum Dew Sheild;
* Televue 1-1/4" MIRROR diagonal, mint condition;
* APOGEE 8 x 50mm Right Angle finder and bracket installed!
* TRACKING: in polar mode on permanent pier, I have tracked Jupiter for four continuous hours at 200x with less than 10 arc second deviation;
* OPTICAL: first night out after optical adjustments and tweaking, this split 36 Andromedae, clear and simple with two diffraction rings at 400x (10mm Radian and barlow);
* GO TOs are dead on in Polar mode....(haven't tried Alt-Az!).
Interested parties only, please.
Who needs GPS when you have something this accurate?!?!
I have well over $3800 invested in this nearly new telescope. I will sacrifice all for only $2,500 firm. UPS shipping and insurance extra depending on location. I have all original packing and boxes.
Thanks for looking!!