This is a rare Mathis CM-11 fork mount from about 1984. It also
includes an orange C11 tube in fair condition.
Things to know:
1) The synchronous motor has been replaced by a Pitmann servo
motor with encoder. It is possible to retrofit a standard
1/2 rpm syncro motor (not included)
2) The manual tangent dec arm has been replaced with a 5.8"
360 tooth bronze worm gear with SS worm and clutch, driven
by a Pitmann servo motor with encoder. I have
the parts to retrofit the original tangent dec slow-mo, and
even have a DC motor for it.
3) Includes a steel pier.
4) The mount weighs about 300 pounds and cannot be shipped.
pickup is DENVER, CO area only!
5) The payload capacity is presumed to be about 200 lbs. You
can do chin-ups on the fork-arms.
6) The C11 tube needs TLC, but is functional, and when aligned
shows stars to about mag 14 from my outer-suburban location.
7) Mountain Instruments bought the patterns from Mathis, so some
parts are still available.
8) Precision ball bearings throughout. Stainless fasteners
Sandcast aluminum. Will last several lifetimes.
If you're into electronics, I have custom electronics and
Linux/Java software to drive the servos.
Illness forces sale: $3750 takes it all.